Monday, July 4, 2011

Poison Ivy Home Remedy


Poison Ivy Home Remedies:


it sounds weird but it really does work... cheap white shoe polish. just dab it on the ara , let dry for about 10 minutes and wash off. within 2 days it will be gone, and it doesn't harm your skin.


I have poison ivy on my face,arms,and on an area that I won't mention.(I'm a male).I just tried the automotive hand degreaser/cleaner trick and it works great!!! Thanks to the chemist who posted this idea.


Submitted by Jason at 2009-08-24 15:35:17
Just read a comment that said that taking a swim in a good treated pool gets rid of it and that reminds me that that seems to be what has gotten rid of most of my old summer ivy when I was younger. I don't swim much, now, but that salt seems to be working. So, my two favorites are salt and treated pools. If you are younger, I suggest the pool

Submitted at 2011-06-27 11:15:45
Noxzema!!!
Well long story short, I found myself a little intoxicated Friday night and woke up with some poison ivy, I tried the salt and dawn thing and the hot and cold showers and it only made it burn and itch more, I remembered reading online somewhere about how the eucalyptus oil in Noxzema helped sunburn blisters and irritation, so I figured it couldn’t hurt to try it on the rash, and IT WORKS, the cooling sensation from the Noxzema stopped the itching immediately, and it’s been 3 hours now, it also is drying my skin out so I’m sure it will help with the oils from the plant too! I don’t know how long it will last or how long before it goes away completely but if you are desperate for some quick relief from the itching and burning, use it!! I have the original Noxzema in the jar; make sure it has the Eucalyptus oil in it!

No comments: